Thursday, October 02, 2008

The Dateable Dork Goes Inactive...

How do you console someone when their favorite bloggers stop posting?

I know many of you don't exactly encounter this problem too often, but, trust me, it's like finding out that your childhood sports hero just got busted for steroids.

And so it is today as one of my personal favorites, The Dateable Dork, has voluntarily stopped posting. The blog was a chronicle of one self-proclaimed "dorky" girl's misadventures in the "big, bad world of dating", and had a unique hook in raising the question, "Who ever said that dorks can't be sexy?".

Apparently, the reason for the blog's demise is that the latest guy she was dating, known as "The Editor", found out about the blog and pronounced that he never wanted to see her again - presumably because he was embarrassed about how the blog detailed their sex life together (even if it was anonymous).

Without going all soap-opera, Gillmore Girls-style on everyone, I was just wondering what do YOU do when your favorite blogs get the axe?

Anyone have some guilty-pleasure recommendations?
  

2 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Philly said...

I just found her and was so enjoying her. I wish I could email her.
Fuck the Editor......personally I was hoping she would of dumped him.
Hopefully she will return
This is why NO ONE knows about the Sista's blog,,,,NO ONE!!

#1

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger thedateabledork said...

Rob - Thanks for the very touching post. I'm really going to miss the blogging community, and my readers in particular. Have some ice cream for the both of us. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home